I can’t believe that NO ONE mentioned that I forgot to put the award up until Jason… another brain fart. Here it is.
I had a brain fart. Sorry, that happens sometimes. I have been remiss in publicly accepting and passing on this award I received like a month ago and I have to apologize first and foremost to Stacey. I truly appreciate it and am humbled and will try to do you right! Stacey awarded me this awesome kickbutt award called the Master at Karate and Friendship award. So cool. Thank you so much.
Before I go into my rules for acceptance I’d like to give a shout out to Stacey and her awesome blog over at What Passes For Sane on a Crazy Day. I don’t know how many of you read Stacey (aka Princess Spot) but she makes me laugh SO hard. Her conversations between herself and her son Sean are the absolute best. I would love to be a fly on her wall.
For those of you who don’t know Stacey and her awesomeness, please take a minute to not only go and visit her blog but also to send up a prayer for her and her family. Her husband was involved in a horrible automobile accident last (a week ago) and it’s been an awful and emotional week for her and her family (most notably of course Mike). You can go here and read about his accident. He is still in the hospital but as of what I read yesterday he has been “upgraded” from ICU to intermediate care. You can go check her blog for progress. Please keep them in your prayers.
Back to the award… the rules are you are supposed to name six things you consider yourself a “master” at and then pass it on to six other totally awesome bloggers. First off, I feel like a fraud or copycat because several of the few things I consider myself a master at were covered by Stacey. Honestly, after reading her list I felt like we could be twins separated by birth….other than the fact that I’m about a gazillion years OLDER than her! Secondly, I have always considered myself a “Jack of all trades, but a master of none” so trying to find something I have mastered or am a master of is very difficult. Bear with me, please.
- I guess first and foremost I feel like I am a master at loving my family. I love my kids and husband more than I love myself and I would do anything in the world for my kids. I would walk through fire for them. I am fiercely protective of them. I am like a mama bear or lioness with her cubs. DO NOT mess with my kids unless you want to receive bodily injury. This fierce love also trickles out to siblings and their families. I mean I can get mad and talk bad about my siblings but nobody else better mess with them!
- I have the gift of gab. I think that’s a very nice way of saying I can’t shut up. Seriously, I can’t. I think I must talk in my sleep. But I’m not sure because I’m asleep. Maybe sometimes when I wake up and don’t know what is that woke me up it’s me talking out loud? When I was little ALL of my report cards said I talked too much. One of the reasons I hate taking pictures is that usually in the pictures my mouth is open…because I’m talking. I’ll look at pictures and think “Why does my mouth look so funny?” OH… I was talking!
- I am, by nature, a VERY sarcastic person. I love Stacey’s “new word” SNARKASM. I can relate to that. I can be very snarky and I am hideously sarcastic. This sometimes gets me in trouble when I’m writing because you can’t SEE sarcasm all the time and you can’t HEAR the author’s tone of voice so you don’t always know when something is meant sarcastically. I also sometimes have a very dry sense of humor and those two things don’t always go together so well. So, if I hurt your feelings by being rude or saying something mean, most likely it was meant tongue in cheek and was dripping with sarcasm because I would never purposely hurt someone’s feelings.
- My kitties. My kitties are like my babies and I love them with a passion. I sometimes feel like I’m on the verge of being a cat hoarder. It’s not on purpose I swear. I just can’t turn them away. I think they have some sort of secret society and language where they have spread the word that I’m a sucker for a furry face and I can’t turn them away. I also seem to have some sort of invisible sign above my door that is written in tuna or something that must say: “ATTENTION ALL KITTIES!!! COME HERE>>>> SHE WILL LOVE YOU AND FEED YOU AND WON’T TURN YOU AWAY.” I said I feared I was turning into the “crazy cat lady” and my daughter told me it was too late. I was already there. At least we have “pared it down” from 10 to 6!
- Friendship. I feel I am a master at being friends. Despite the fact that I am somewhat shy (you can quit laughing now… I really am!) I seem to make friends fairly easily and I DO hoard my friends. I keep my friends and no matter where I go or move I TRY to stay in touch. I have friends that I sometimes don’t see or talk to for months or maybe even years but when I do see them again or talk to them again it’s as if no time has gone by. We pick up right where we left off and continue on our wonderful friendshoip journey. I have friends that I still see and talk to that I have known since I was little. I am fiercely protective of my friends and would do anything in the world for them. When you are my friend, you are my family. And once you are my friend it is very hard to get rid of me. I have friends that have wronged me but I forgive them and am still friends with them because I recognize that none of us is perfect. I might get upset or angry but I get over it and I still love you, no matter what.
- I am the master of gracefulness (SARCASM HERE!!!). My brother used to call me Grace sometimes because I am so NOT graceful. I don’t think I have a graceful bone in my body, if I did I’d probably break or sprain it. BUT I have plenty of klutzy ones. How many people do you know that fall UP the stairs? I do that all the time. That way I can hit my nose at the same time thereby optimizing my potential for injury. I have also fallen DOWN the steps more times than I care to remember. How many people can fall getting out of the bathtub and injure their hooha? I did! How many people can be walking down the sidewalk and just fall out sprawled across the sidewalk? I did! Have no idea WHAT I tripped over. AIR? My shoes went flying one way and my keys another and my purse another. Total klutzification. Yep, I made that word up. They need to make a new sit-com starring me. I’d give David Duchovny and his Califnornication a run for their money with my Klutzification. Yes, Bandaids, peroxide and Neosporin are staples in my house. At any given point in time I looked like I’ve been in a fight with a bear and lost.
SO…. there you have my master list. And now on to the totally awesome bloggers I am passing this on to. I know it seems kind of redundant sometimes that I may have passed other awards to these same people, but trust me, they deserve it. These people are awesome and if you don’t read them yet, you should.
- Linda over the The Good, The Bad and The Worse. Linda is always entertaining and makes me laugh. Sometimes I can’t tell if she’s being brutally honest or pulling my leg but either way she usually leaves me with my mouth hanging open….either from laughing or sitting there going WTF did she just say?
- Jimmy over at Jimmy’s Opinion. Jimmy writes such heartfelt stories and has a way of spinning a story that keeps you enthralled. His honesty and genuineness are something we should all strive for.
- Jason over at The Jason Show. His stories of how he has gotten to the point in life where he is now touched my heart. He has warred with who he is and being honest about his struggles to accept it. He is the real deal.
- Nain over at the View From Down Here. I am fairly new to her blog but have immensely enjoyed reading about her life and I think you will too.
- Jen over at Sprite’s Keeper. I love Jen’s stories about life with Sprite her beautiful little girl and her hubby. I also love that she weekly provides us with the creative stimulus of The Spin Cycle. If you’ve never participated in the Spin Cycle I urge you to. It’s fun and you meet a lot of new bloggers in the process and it helps keep the creative juices flowing.
- And another fairly new to me blog called Pearl, Why You Little… She has a writing style and a way of looking at things that make me guffaw. Yes, I said guffaw. I realize a lot of people don’t use that word much anymore but see? That is just how special she is!
Please take the time to visit these wonderful bloggers and poke around a bit. And please don’t forget to send up a special prayer for Stacey, Mike and their family. Thanks again Stacey for thinking of me. You are the bomb!
On a totally unrelated note: I know yall are probably tired of seeing this every day, but, I promised Janet I would add it for a few days. SO…If you read my post “Did You Say Rockfish?” about my dear friend, Weldon and his wife Janet, and his service dog, Bixen, please go back and read the comments. Janet left a very nice comment thanking you all for your kind comments , giving you “the rest of the story” and also had a favor to ask so if you’d please be so kind to go back and read her comment I’d really appreciate it! Thanks so much guys! I really do appreciate my bloggy friends and my little circle of readers. You guys are awesome