I have been remiss in publicly thanking Linda over at The Good, The Bad, The Worse for her kindness in bestowing me with The Sunshine Award a couple of weeks ago. I am humbled and appreciative. I so admire Linda honesty and her humor.
I was also honored by Jimmy over at Jimmy’s Opinion with The Versatile Blogger award. This is my first time receiving this and if the name implies what it says than I am extremely honored. I hope to my bore my readers and give them a variety of things to read. I hope that implies that Jimmy agrees? I’ll tell myself it does anyway.
I also happened to visit Renae over at Launderlife and the very first visit she is giving away Happiness 101 award to anyone reading the post and since that is one I have not received I happily snatched it up! Thanks Renae!
So, thank you both, Linda and Jimmy and Renae. I’m not sure what the rules for accepting it are so I’m just gonna use the rules from the second one and “pull a Linda” and give both awards to all 15 bloggers I choose and I’m supposed to telling you 7 things you might not know about me but I think after my 101 things to celebrate my 100thpost there isn’t much left that you probably don’t already know.
- 1. I really do like to cook but I don’t feel I’m that good at it and since I KNOW my husband is a better cook, I just let him do it.
- 2. I once met Nipsy Russell (a comedian from the 70’s) on an escalator at Bergdorf’s in New York City.
- 3. I went up to the top of the St. Louis Arch when they were having major flooding and water was seeping in through the base of it.
- 4. My favorite “possession” when I was very young was a doll my parents bought for me that was as tall as me and her name (on the box) was “Saucy Walker” and I had trouble pronouncing Saucy so I called her “Suzi Walker” and when my little sister was born I INSISTED they call her Suzi or they better bring me a monkey. I was so lucky I got BOTH! (Sorry Suzi…. Had to do that! 😉 )
- 5. I love watching American Idol. I admire their talent and since I have ZERO singing ability I admire anyone who CAN sing.
- 6. I enjoy kind of driving aimlessly in the country. It reminds me of when I was a teenager and my best friend Sam and I would drive around for hours on Sundays.
- 7. I love taking pictures and wish I was better at it. I’d love to take photography classes.
Ten things that make me happy:
- 1. My husband and family
- 2. My furry (kitty) family
- 3. People who make me laugh
- 4. BLOGGING and reading other people’s blogs
- 5. A good cup of coffee in the morning
- 6. Being able to spend an entire day in my jammies if I want with NOTHING planned, just spend that day as it comes up.
- 7. Walking (which I need to get back to PRONTO).
- 8. Reconnecting with old friends(by phone or in person)
- 9. Getting a REAL card or letter in the mail unexpectedly for no reason, just because someone was thinking about me (even though I’m terrible at it myself – I’m working on it.)
- 10. Holding babies. (That is NOT a hint #1)
Now, I think I’m supposed to pass this on to 15 bloggers. You may take one or the other or both if you like. You are all so talented and I enjoy your posts.
1. Emily I really enjoy your writing. You seem so young but seem to have so much talent and such a level head on your shoulders. I admire that.
2. Trisha over at Hadessah Speaks. Your honesty astounds me. I am in such awe of your writing.
3. Teri from Teri’s Blip in the Universe. What you’re going through is so scary and for you to be brave enough to share it with us all is so selfless. Thank you.
4. Lisa F from Peripheral Perceptions – I always seem to learn something new when I visit you. You are always full of surprises.
5. Ron over at Vent. You always touch me. Whether it is to make me laugh my fool butt off or sob, you always seem to touch some part of me, strike some chord. Yes, we are twins separated at birth.
6. Pseudonymous High School Teacher. You always make me think. I like your style.
7. Big Mama Cass – I’m very new to reading her blog but I like what I’ve read and you should check her out too.
8. Lynette at Dancing Barefoot – She’s fairly new to me too but she touched my soul with her openness.
9. Counter Culture Clown over at Funny in Shadows. He just makes me laugh. And I love anyone who makes me laugh.
10. They Call Me Jane – She is always right on top of things and I love the way she always seems to have just the right song and they always speak to me.
11. Maureen from Island Roar – I just love the way she makes me feel like and Islander and I’ve never even been there.
12. Stacey aka Princess Spot from What Passes For Sane on a Crazy Day – I would SO love to be a fly on the wall of her house just ONE day to listen to the everyday conversations between herself and her son Sean. They have to be two of the funniest wittiest people on the entire planet.
13.Gretchen from Second Blooming – Kinda new to her blog but really enjoy her posts.
14. Tina from Florida Girl Meets the Midwest. I’m new to her blog as well but have enjoyed what I’ve read.
15. Patty from Pancakes Gone Awry – another new one to me.
All of these writers are great and I urge you to visit their blogs. I guarantee you won’t be sorry! Thanks again!